Monday, January 10, 2011

Amazing!


12.06.10

I had such an amazing thing happen to me today that I just had to share with you all:

Yesterday during the Christmas Communion service at LWCC, I prayed and asked God to show me in some way that I was on the right track and that I was doing what He wanted me to do. This morning I had to take a service call at the Pepsi Distribution Center in Cheverly, Maryland. I greeted the maintenance supervisor and when he asked how I was, I told him I was a little sore from the immunizations that I got yesterday. He responded with “Oh yeah, for your trip to Ethiopia!”, just as his new boss was walking past. She had recently transferred from another location. She stopped abruptly and asked me where it was that I was going. Then she excitedly told me that she was born and raised in Ethiopia! As if that was not exciting enough, she grew up in Addis Adaba and knew exactly where Sendafa was!

She was very excited about our trip, and kept asking me why we were doing this. Apparently she is not a believer and could not understand why a large group of people would want to travel to the, as she described “one of the worst parts of Ethiopia”, to visit AIDS patients. She is visiting her home and family in Addis Adaba for New Years, and we will be keeping in touch.

This was so exciting for me, because I know that this was not simply a coincidence. God arranged this meeting to encourage me. It is just incredible and makes me more excited than ever to see what God will do through us on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment